It’s no secret that curly hair can be difficult to manage sometimes. Between the frizz and the fact that most of us have to spend a lot more time styling it than we would like, it can be a struggle! However, getting your curls under control is totally worth it because there are so many fun ways you can style curly hair. In this post, I’ll share some tips and tricks for managing those curls with ease so that you can enjoy your natural texture—and all of its beautiful glory—all season long.
Wear a top knot.
A top knot is the perfect way to keep your hair out of your face. It’s also great for hiding a bad hair day, keeping food out of your mouth (if you’re eating), and keeping sweat from dripping into your eyes during hot yoga.
Use a texturizer.
A texturizer is a product that you can use to add volume and texture to your curls. It will give them more body and bounce, which will make your style look fuller and healthier.
If you’re looking for a product that’s quick and easy to use, try one of these:
- Curl Magic by DevaCurl (available at Amazon) – This spray contains aloe vera gel, hyaluronic acid, panthenol (vitamin B5), argan oil and sea salt. It creates soft waves with no crunchy feeling or stiffness in your hair after application!
- Curly Hair Solutions Gelatine-Free Gel – This gel has been formulated specifically for curly hair types like yours! It provides medium hold while still being flexible enough so it won’t leave behind any residue on strands after styling sessions end up done; plus it smells amazing too!!
Add some layers.
- Layers are a great way to add depth and dimension to your curly hairstyle.
- Layers can make your hair look fuller, which is especially helpful if you have fine or thinning hair.
- Layers help create volume in the crown of your head, so if you’re looking for an extra boost of height at the top of your head (like Jennifer Aniston), try having some long layers around that area instead of cutting everything blunt across the backside like Rachel McAdams did in her early career days.
- If you want an updated look without going too short on length, ask for some bangs! Bangs are a great way to update any haircut–and since they’re so easy to style differently day-to-day (just comb them back or forward depending on how much curl there is), this can be done even if it’s not super curly yet!
Get an undercut.
An undercut is a great way to style curly hair. First, you’ll want to get the length of your curls cut in the back and on the sides so they don’t hang over your face too much. Then, you can use product like mousse or gel to add volume and hold at your roots while allowing some movement at the ends of your hair. If you’re feeling particularly adventurous (and have enough time), try curling each section before pinning it back into place!
Try curls for less time.
If you have curly hair, you know that it’s beautiful but not always practical. While curls can be fun and playful on their own, they also require a lot of maintenance in order to look their best. If you are looking for a different style than what your current cut offers or just want to try something new, consider going with a shorter cut on top–this will give the illusion of less volume at first glance while still keeping the length around your face intact for added shape.
To achieve this look:
- Use a 1-inch curling iron or wand (depending on how much curl you want).
- Twist sections of hair away from face as tightly as possible without causing discomfort or pain; hold each section between fingers until cool enough not burn skin (about 30 seconds) before releasing slowly so they don’t spring open too quickly!
Keep your hair products on rotation.
You’ve probably heard the old saying, “if you use the same hair products all the time, your hair will get used to them and stop working.” That’s not true! But it is important that you keep your products on rotation so that your hair doesn’t get used to them.
If you like a particular brand or type of product (for example, if you love coconut oil), it’s fine to use this product every day for a while–but eventually try switching things up by using other brands or types of products. This way, when one thing stops working well with your curls or texture and needs replacing with something else, there are plenty more options available from which to choose!
Invest in a diffuser and some heat protectant spray.
The diffuser is a lifesaver for curly hair. It’s great for giving your curls more control and definition, especially if you have naturally frizzy or unruly curls.
The heat protectant spray will help prevent damage to the cuticle of your hair when using a diffuser, so it’s important to apply this before using any tools on your tresses!
Curly hair can be fun, but it takes a bit more maintenance than straight hair does, especially when it comes to styling!
Curly hair is fun, but it takes a bit more maintenance than straight hair does. Here are 7 curly hairstyle tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your curls:
- Curls need to be styled differently than straight hair. If you’re used to brushing or combing out your waves as soon as they dry (or worse yet, letting them air-dry), then you may want to reconsider that practice! This can cause frizz or even breakage in some cases because the curls are being stretched out instead of left intact by products that provide hold and definition without weighing them down with excess oil or waxes that weigh down each strand’s natural movement pattern. Instead try using an anti-frizz cream before styling so that when it dries there won’t be any unwanted flyaways sticking up at odd angles around your face–just soft waves flowing gently over one another in perfect harmony!
- Curly hair needs special care when washing/conditioning too! It’s important not just because we all want our locks looking shiny and healthy (and who doesn’t?), but also because these products can add shine while protecting against damage caused by UV rays from direct sunlight exposure which tends happen quite often during summer months especially if someone has light colored eyes like myself 🙂
With these tips and tricks, you can have fun styling your curly hair and still keep it looking good. The most important thing is to remember that there’s no one right way to do it–so experiment until you find what works best for you!